Sunday, January 25, 2015

Day 25 of 31 Days of Organizing - Landscape supplies

Landscaping supplies
I have a variety of supplies I have collected over the years.  I really enjoy using the ones developed for train enthusiasts to use.  For what I have collected I have separated by color.  (My favorite way to sort.)
I most everything in a three drawer cart.
A drawer for greens
A drawer for flower colors
A drawer for browns, black and whites - which includes various sands that might be used for dirt and ground
For all of these I use a lot of zip bags.  I have found these to be the best option.  To avoid dealing with the materials getting in the zip part, I use a metal bead scoop to dip out of the bags. I rarely use it for beads as I have mine sorted so am not typically dealing with larger quantities of beads.  But for landscaping, I like dipping versus pouring.  I do use a paper plate or something under my project to capture the excess and pour back into the bags.
Another bunch of landscaping I have is dried materials.  These have a tendency to be larger packages, so keep them in a large box in my closet.  
I do take a smaller amount of the dried items and put in a small bag to keep in with the three drawers of landscaping supplies.

Come back tomorrow for another organizing idea during my 31 days of organizing.

Happy Miniature Organizing!
Preble

No comments:

Post a Comment