Friday, January 23, 2015

Day 23 of 31 Days Organizing - Specialty tools, saws & moto-tool

Specialty tools
Bulky tools need somewhere to go as well.  These are the ones that have a tendency to get boxed in.  But since I moved to my studio room (a whole bedroom) and bought some extra shelves second-hand, I do have space to store them.
When storing these, access is a consideration.  If they are used often, then more prominent storage location is important to me.  I am thankful to have that shelf space so these don't have to be put away in boxes.
My saw goes on a shelf and I add a protector over the saw (just in case my kitties get in the shelf or to protect me).  

To the left of the saw, I have two boxes that hold my saw accessories.  The flatter box at the bottom came from a laptop box.  I am always on the lookout for good boxes.  I don't save all boxes, but ones like this I do.  I added an envelope to the lid to hold the instructions that came with the saw and the accessories.
The one above that holds the rest of the tools that go with my saw.
One tip for tools that go with specific things is to color code or otherwise mark them.  
The green tape was done by the person who sold the saw to me, but it wasn't enough for me.  I added gold paint to the screws this particular tool matches.  Then also added the gold marking on the green tape.  I know maybe it is that easy to just try them, but this saves me time having to figure out - especially on the saw itself.


Come back tomorrow for another organizing idea during my 31 days of organizing.

Happy Miniature Organizing!

Preble

No comments:

Post a Comment