Monday, January 12, 2015

All the Trimmings - Day 12 of 31 Days of Organizing

All the Trimmings

Earlier this year I shared how I store my main ribbon and trim now.  I use a large cookie tin and plastic bags sorted by color.
This pic looks like a mess but it is nicely organized in that each bag on the left has a single color grouping in it.  Each bag has all the ribbon and trim in it of that color or shade/tint.  In the tin they were sort of organized in rows.   On the right is the lid and a zip bag of extra cards attached. I made them from recycled folders.  The about business card size or smaller and just have a slit or notch to secure the ends.  I use them if it is a long piece but if it isn't, then the ribbon/trim just goes in the appropriate bag.  

I still need to move the lace and ribbon that is in the case binder over to this tin.  I just haven't taken the time.  I would love to expand my case binder system but I feel it is cost prohibitive.  
It combines a case binder, business card page protectors and possibly zip bags.  

I am always on the lookout for new or revised solutions.  One solution for this is I have considered is using the sleeves for vcr tapes or similar and have them in a box.  Then the bags would stay up and I could group by the main color.  
Other ideas I have seen are to store in a divided box (like for fishing tackle), add holes to the cards and hang on a ring or rod.  
I bought a bunch stored on paper tubes held by straight pins at a garage sale a couple of years ago.  I found this to not be a good solution for me personally, but suggest that if using this idea to make sure that the end of the ribbon or trim is secured at the end only. As in, don't insert a pin into all the ribbon as it can leave a mark that is hard to remove.  I deal with this with the ribbon from the tubes I bought.  The ribbon has pin holes all along it.

Come back tomorrow for another organizing idea during my 31 days of organizing.

Happy Miniature Organizing!

Preble

No comments:

Post a Comment