Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Dreaming is Doing Minis

Doing minis does not have to be the physical act of doing.  It can be dreaming of minis as well.  The more one thinks on minis – the more inspired one will likely be so that when the physical time comes the motivation will be there.

Find ways to think about minis all day long.  I can say that this has helped me in the past.  It can backfire too.  Example, I took a lovely bunny doll to work and sat her on the base of my computer monitor.  I was very inspired to make minis but not inspired to do my work.  I did realize I needed to not have the bunny at work, but at home having minis around to remind me to think about minis is very inspirational for sure.

Dreaming also ties into planning.  Planning what supplies to buy, how the project will be laid out. This sort of planning doesn't have to become real.  It can be just a way for the brain to enjoy minis virtually.

Today is the sixth part of my new series on doing more minis in honor of Dollhouse and Miniatures Month - check the older posts and come back tomorrow for some more ideas on doing more minis.
Happy miniaturing,
Preble

No comments:

Post a Comment